Aug 27, 2014Most Notable Penalties Deliver...
Google Local Support: Step-by-Step Directions
One of our client’s was having problems with recovering his mysteriously deactivated Google Places account, which was right around the time that Google came up with a support line for Google Places verification issues, so we thought we’d try it out. So we did, and now we can offer an awesome a step by step outline of the process, as well as our observations on the process.
- Go to Google Places Support Website
- Now, choose the verification method that you tried. In this case, we used the PIN verification for a single listing. You must be signed in to your Google Places in order to continue with the process.
- Then, choose the status of your listing, whether it is needs action or not. Our listing was not displaying needs action, it was simply not live on Google.
- Next, choose which verification option you used. We used the postcard verification option for our client.
- Now, make sure you have waited 15 days because sometimes it does not start to work for 2-3 weeks. In our case, we have waited more than 15 days and we needed answers.
- Once you have followed these 5 steps, it asks you whether you would like to e-mail your question, or if you would like to talk to a real person about the issue at hand.
- I personally like to talk one on one with someone, so I chose to give them my number and have them call me to talk about the problem with our listing had. All I had to do was enter my name and phone number and they called me within 30 seconds!
There were some advantages and disadvantages to this service. First, the service was great. The man that I spoke with was extremely nice and understanding, but when I asked him what was wrong with my listing, he had no idea, but he gave me specific time that he would call me back and let me know what was going on. A few hours later, I received this e-mail from him:
Needless to say, even though the service was great, they never answered my question. I think what bothered me the most was that they did not explain which part of the guidelines we violated. I would have liked at least one answer to my question.
Please feel free to comment on your personal experiences with Google Places support below!